Thanks so much for stopping by!

Whether you've stumbled upon my blog or you intentionally found your way here... Welcome! I'm Lindsey Pace, owner/signature photographer, of Lindsey Pace Photography and this is where you can view my latest work, and as a bonus you can learn a little bit about me and the happenings of my life... well, I don't know if you will consider that a bonus or not : ) Where life meets the lens is my tagline and that is what I try to portray in my images... Life... as it happens, pure, sweet, and perfectly imperfect. I am available for all types of portrait sessions and weddings as well. Please don't hesitate to get in contact with me if you have any questions!

Questions? Pricing? Schedule?

email me at info@lindseypacephotography.com

Monday, May 10, 2010

What You See Is What You Get

A few weeks ago, one of my co-workers approached me about a local printer that I would recommend for her to print out some senior portraits that she recently had done of one of her daughters.  I could tell that she wasn't happy about  having to print them herself and even less than thrilled about how the images turned out.   After I viewed some of the images myself, I discovered that the photographer had in fact done a really good job- great composition, vibrant color, sharpness and clarity were all there.  What was not to like?  Well, I discovered that my co-worker prefers a portrait with more traditional posing and lighting techniques, and it was obvious from the images that this photographer's style was not traditional.
I'm sharing this with you because I can't stress how important it is to get to know a photographer's style before hiring them... what you see is what you will get : )  You can put an incredible photographer with an ideal client, but if their style preferences do not match up, the result will be mediocre at best and both the client and the photographer will be left feeling frustrated.  From a photographer's perspective, I can't tell you how exciting it is when I get a client who totally embraces my style and gives me the freedom to do my thing.  In my experience, this kind of opportunity produces the best results for the client and the photographer.  I hope this tip is helpful as you search for the right photographer for you!
And what's a post without a photo?

~Lindsey

1 comment:

Jules said...

perfectly said! oh so true!!!

your blog looks gorgeous!

Post a Comment